Why You Need A Professional Property Manager
Do you know….?
- Fair market value for the size and location of your property?
- What constitutes discrimination against an applicant?
- The Federal HUD standards for number of occupants?
- You cannot discriminate against children or familial status?
- The portion of that law pertaining to service animals vs. pets?
- What notice to serve your tenant for upaid rent?
- What notice to serve your tenant for breach of lease terms?
- What notice to serve a month to month tenant for termination?
- How to begin an eviction process?
- Your responsibilities for holding security deposit and advance rent?
- What repairs are required under The Landlord Tenant Act?
- The time required to complete required once requested by the tenant?
- The time frame for effective renewal or termination of an annual lease?
- The notice provisions for return of a claim against the security deposit?
- What laws apply to claim of abandoned property left by tenant?
Are you familiar with…?
- The Federal Fair Housing Law?
- The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act?
- The Landlord Tenant Act (Florida Statute Chapter 83)?
- The transient tax requirements of state and local governments?
- The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act?
- Your state and local ordinances pertaining to code violation?
Do you have…?
- An easily read and recognizable “For Rent” sign?
- A corporate rate for advertising in local papers?
- An Internet Website that attracts tenants?
- 24 hour answering service to page you with tenants inquiries?
- Qualified and licensed agents to show your property seven days a week?
- Access to list your property with the local MLS?
- Access to current sale market data if a tenant offers to purchase?
- Federal Lead Paint Disclosure & Booklet and know how to use them?
- A 24 hour emergency line for the needs of your tenant?
- Vendors to service the needs of your property for fair market price?
- Vendors who are licensed and insured?
- Vendors that will respond within the time required by The Landlord Tenant Act?
- A staff available 24 hours a day 7 days a week?
- Access to an affordable attorney to process an eviction?
- Access to an attorney prepared lease at a reasonable cost?
- Access to an attorney for free legal advise during the term of the lease?
- Effective move-in and move-out forms and policy statement for tenants?
If not, this is why you need a Professional Property Manger!